Business Unit Manager
- Reference: JLS BUM
- Location: Abergavenny
- Salary: Negotiable
- Type: Full time
- Start: asap
Just Life Sciences are looking for two Business Unit Managers for their Global Pharma client, these are newly created roles and this is a great time to join an expanding and creative business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Should you be up for the challenge then you will be responsible to
- ·Lead & manage a Business Unit
- ·Deliver output to planning schedule
- ·Ensure compliance with Quality and Health and Safety requirements
- ·Identify, lead and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- ·Key member of the Senior Manager Team
- ·To carry out other duties/projects/instructions as instructed by the Operations Director.
- ·Manage, within operational and compliance guidelines, the execution of the operational process (meeting daily targets) based on daily walkthroughs, visual management, problem solving
- ·Consistently deliver on specific area KPIs
- ·Communicate operational status and lead problem solving
- ·Responsible for delivering production output in line with planning schedule
- ·Work in close co-operation with planning to translate customer requirements into an efficient production plan
- ·Identify continuous improvement opportunities (e.g. increase output, reduce waste, improve compliance)
- ·Work with Production to develop and continually improve standardized work
- ·Ensure team processes comply with relevant regulations
- ·Conduct regular Gemba, observe practices to ensure compliance to policies and procedures, take immediate action for non-compliance
- ·Lead investigations (deviations, complaints, vendor, audit observations etc) and identify corrective and preventative actions
- ·Lead incident investigations, identify true root cause and implement effective corrective actions
- ·Own closure of actions to timeline and ensure corrective actions are implemented and sustained
- ·Drive deviation reduction
- ·Own Permanent Inspection Readiness for area. Interact with inspectors during audits, own and prepare responses for audit observations.
- ·Ensure documentation, batch records are maintained within procedures and guidelines.
- ·Create an environment and structure that enables staff to achieve preset targets and results.
- ·Responsible for ensuring team is appropriately trained to complete all tasks
- ·Develop multi-skilled team by use of cross training
- ·Coach, mentor people and assess their performance continually
- ·Lead escalation meetings
- ·Deputise for Operations Director
- ·Communicate with Business Units in real time on output performance
- ·Responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate and local health and safety policies and guidelines.
- ·Create a working environment that makes it possible for team to comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and company requirements.
- ·Supervise team in health and safety compliance, initiate and support improvement in performance.
- ·Demonstrate personal commitment to Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
- Personal skills / Experience
- Leadership qualification or demonstrated equivalent experience.
Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- 4-5 years’ experience in medium size manufacturing environment.
Lean Six Sigma Certified (Desirable)
Deep problem solving skills – demonstrated by ability in the use of scientific methodology to problem solve
- GMP Regulations.
Health and Safety Regulations
Experience of more than one business function (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Planning) would be desirable
- Good team worker and collaborator
Effective communicator at operator and management levels
Ability to motivate and drive high performance within team
Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team etc
Interested then please either apply through the link or email justyn at justlifesciences dot com
Just Life Sciences
< Back to jobs list