- Reference: JLS HRA
- Location: Merthyr Tydfil
- Salary: Upto £30000 12 month contract
- Type: Full time
- Start: Jan 2020
Just Life Sciences are seeking a HR Advisor for a 12 month contract who has ideally worked within a manufacturing environment.
The position will provide an efficient and effective HR service to managers and staff on all aspects of people management, which fully reflects the desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- ·Provide guidance and coaching to line managers and support them through their HR issues in accordance with HR Policies and procedures, best practice and employment legislation
- ·Provide support and guidance to employment on terms and conditions of employment and HR policy and practice.
- ·Support on employee relations cases e.g. carry out investigations and attendance at disciplinary hearings
- ·Support on recruitment and selection of specified departmental staff both permanent, temporary and agency. Including
- o Advertising vacancies
- o Acknowledging applications
- o Arranging testing and assessments
- o Arranging and participating in interviews
- o Feedback of the testing results
- o Distribution of relevant information
- o Creating electronic employee files on the system
- o Updating the Matrix
- o Collation of References
- ·Lead relevant “exit Interviews” of staff from agreed departments
- ·To assist in the On boarding Process including
- o Delivery of HR presentation and tour
- o Co-ordination of the additional departments
- o Probation reviews from agreed departments
- ·Represent, where required, the Group at external events promoting the Group as an employer of choice
- ·Provide guidance and coaching of maternity and paternity issues
- ·Support on absence management including
- o recording of absence
- o managing absence data
- o providing reports
- o advising line managers of absence levels
- o organising and participating in informal discussions
- ·Deliver the site’s Health Surveillance Programme working with our occupational health provider on health surveillance
- ·Identify areas for the development and opportunities for improvement with regards to the HR function and service. Promote CI principles and support HR projects to deliver business improvements
- ·Assist in preparation of HR metrics and reports with good attention to detail. and implement strategic HR projects, as and when required.
- ·Ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- ·Provide reception cover as part of a rotation for annual leave, training and lunch breaks.
- ·Promote the organisation’s charity of the year and our corporate social responsibility
- Level 3 qualification e.g. AS and A Levels, NVQ 3, BTEC National Award, or equivalent
- Formal HR qualification e.g. CIPD
- ·Excellent interpersonal skills being able to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- ·Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- ·Generalist HR experience
- ·Experience within a manufacturing environment
- ·Experience of a HR/ERP system
- If you are able to commit to the role and have the relevant experience then please email your CV to justyn at justlifesciences dot com
Just Life Sciences
< Back to jobs list