Analytical Development Scientist
- Reference: JLS ADS2
- Location: South Wales
- Salary: upto £28k
- Type: Full time
- Start: ASAP
We are currently looking to recruit an Analytical Development Scientist on a permanent contract reporting to the Quality Control Manager.
The Analytical Development Scientist is responsible for the project management to introduce new analytical methods or equipment to the QC Laboratory ensuring business needs are met. Liaise with internal clients and external collaborators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Specific Job Responsibilities:
- · Perform analytical method development and validation.
- · Carry out required analytical method transfers.
- · Management of new equipment specification, installation and handover to the QC Laboratory.
- · Sourcing of external testing where necessary.
- · Support the QC Laboratory in the improvement of existing methods by actively carrying out higher level troubleshooting.
- · Preparing specifications, standard test methods, operating procedures and performing risk assessments.
- · Supervise, coach and mentor team members
- · Organise work to ensure customer priorities are met.
- · Maintain high housekeeping standards and working to cGMP.
- · Ensure that all the work areas are safe and tidy after use.
- · Any other reasonable duties as identified by management.
- Relevant Skills, Education and Experience:
- · BSc/MSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline; or equivalent industrial experience
- · Experience of all key analytical techniques (HPLC, GC, UV, IR, NIR, titrations etc) and analytical method development and validation.
- · Sound written and verbal communication skills
- · Decisive thinker able to work within agreed timescales
- · Ability to troubleshoot issues relating to instrumentation and analysis
- · Excellent computer skills, experience with Microsoft office essential
- · Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure workload prioritisation and schedule adherence
- · A strong personal presence with excellent leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- · Knowledge of BRC
- · Knowledge and understanding of interpretation of cGMPs and regulatory requirements, experience of regulatory inspections and customer audits.
- · Auditing skills and / or lead auditor trained.
- · Experience of QC/QA related activities within a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing business
Just Life Sciences
< Back to jobs list