- Reference: JLSFE
- Location: Carmarthen West Wales
- Salary: £40000 Plus
- Type: Full time
- Start: ASAP
Do you wish to be part of a business which is expanding rapidly and manufacturing a Healthcare Product that is changing peoples lives for the better? This revolutionary Med Tech business is seeking a number of highly skilled people one of these is for a Firmware Engineer.
To engage in the new product software development process throughout all stages of product life cycle: including the design and development of software, the generation and review of technical documentation, the verification and testing of new designs, the transfer of design to manufacturing and the provision of technical support once the products are on the market.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• The design and generation of new software / firmware solutions, for both new and existing products, that meet pre-agreed requirements using high level languages such as C.
• Ensure that all software development is performed in accordance to requirements of the appropriate medical safety standards.
• Generation and maintenance of technical specification documentation, using Microsoft office tools, or specialised tools as defined by Magstim.
• Take active part in project and technical review meetings such and specification requirement reviews, code review and risk analysis.
• Perform verifications and bench testing using either standard electronics of bespoke test equipment.
• Provide technical support to other departments as part of product support.
• All work to be in accordance with Magstim’s quality procedures and work instructions.
• Keep up to date on current state of the art design methods and tools and make suggestions on process improvements.
• To promote and adhere to the workplace values of HWYL:
o Honesty, integrity and respect for others
o Willingness to accept challenges and responsibility
o Your commitment to our customers and business growth
o Learn and develop.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Degree in software or science or degree in electronics and computer science.
Software development using ‘C’ programming language.
Ability to learn quickly.
Communication – oral and written.
Work as part of a team or independently.
Competent with the use of Microsoft office tools for the generating and maintaining design documentation.
3 years’ industrial experience in the role as a software design engineer.
Writing software solutions in ‘C’
Implementing of software solutions on embedded micro controller platforms.
Working from microprocessors manufactures datasheets.
Developing software using AVR studio
Familiarity with MicroChip, Hitachi, Atmel microcontrollers.
Working with serial communication protocols RS232, SPI and 12C.
Working to requirement specification.
Working with a quality management system.
Software test methodologies.
Using software version control systems.
Just Life Sciences
< Back to jobs list