- Reference: JLSLT
- Location: Bridgend
- Salary: £23000-£25000
- Type: Full time
- Duration: 12 MONTH Contract
Just Life Sciences are seeking an experienced Lab Technician or recent Science Graduate for a 12 month contract.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- To manage and maintain an efficient working laboratory environment.
- To conduct all aspects of general laboratory housekeeping for both research and CMC process development, including raw material and consumable stock management, chemical management, cleaning of laboratories, cleaning and calibration of laboratory equipment, waste management.
- To organise the ordering and procurement of raw materials, consumables, and chemicals for use in the Research and Development facility.
- Main areas of responsibility:
- Maintain an efficient working laboratory environment through:
- • All aspects of general laboratory housekeeping.
- • Raw material and consumable stock management, including ensuring minimum stock of consumables and reagents.
- • Raw material and consumable expiry checks.
- • Raising purchase orders, gaining approval, and ordering for consumables, chemicals, and reagents with approved suppliers via approved SOP’s.
- • Ensure COSHH and work instructions are in place prior to ordering.
- • Invoice receiving and gaining approval via SOP’s
- • Chemical management.
- • Perform cleaning of laboratories, including performing daily and monthly laboratory cleans for the research and development departments to ensure good housekeeping is maintained.
- • Cleaning and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- • Waste management (daily autoclaving) and monthly chemical waste via approved SOP’s.
- • Liaising with the facilities manager and scientists to organise servicing and calibration of equipment.
- Receiving and unpacking deliveries and organizing incoming materials / good for use by laboratory staff.
- To input into risk assessments and participate in laboratory H&S inspections
- Interested then please email your CV to justyn at justlifesciences dot com
Just Life Sciences
< Back to jobs list